Thursday, May 17, 2012

Toddlers....

A quick post about a couple toddler facts:

1.  Going through an automatic car wash can be terrifying.  I found out the hard way yesterday.  Poor Mr. Luke became completely hysterical during our trip through the car wash.  I felt so bad because there was literally nothing I could do to help him.  Our car was in the track, moving along.  His car seat is directly behind mine, so I couldn't even reach back and hold his little hand or anything.  Lately many things scare him.  Poor guy!

2.  They completely understand what we are saying.  Ever since using his water table outside, Luke wants to play in water any chance he gets.  Including the dog's water bowl, and the toilet.  We've been working with him on not doing these things, but he'll still try.  This morning, he walked over and picked up his shoes.  He had a big dimpled grin on his face, and was walking right over to the water bowl.  I knew what his plan was: Throw his shoes in the water.  I said, "Mr. Lukie I think I know what you are going to do and I don't think you should do it."  I said that, not expecting him to know what I was saying....I was going to follow up with a "No Luke".  But I didn't have to.  He stopped dead in his tracks, turned around, looked at me, and threw both shoes down to the ground.  Then he collapsed to the floor, sobbing.  So yes, they know what we are saying!

Kids!

The best husband and father in the world has a birthday today!  (I'm not biased or anything)  Happy 34th birthday to Mark!  We're now the same age again :)  I love that we're less than a month apart.  Luckily his harvest should be wrapped up enough to celebrate tonight.  Love you Mark <3

No comments:

Post a Comment